Mechanical Transplanter for Tomatoes, Strawberries
Single and Multiple Bed Transplanters
Our Mechanical Transplanter is a very simple and versatile tool that can be used on plastic mulch, uncovered planting beds, or bare, flat ground. Whether you’re a grower transplanting strawberries, tomatoes or transplanting other seedlings to your farm beds, our equipment will help you save on farm labor costs and improve your transplant live rate. Our transplanter works with water wheels, hole punch wheels, and allows for optional extra seats and tray racks. The mechanical transplanter can be used on a single bed or multiple beds. Give Kennco a call to give us your custom specifications and we’ll build the transplanter to meet your farm’s needs.
- Self-feeding plant trays
- Expandable seating
- Easy to adjust or change out water wheels.
- Our punch wheel creates an ideal environment for your young plant so you have a 98% live rate.
- Operator can adjust water flow from tank
- Floating wheel or fixed wheel options
Requires water or punch wheels, not included.
- Additional seats
- Punch wheels
- Water wheels
- Custom wheel frames
- Extra tray racks
Custom row centers are available.
Standard Grader Leveler Sizes Available
- 1 bed transplanter from 48” to 72” row centers – with or without tank
- 2 bed transplanter from 48” to 72” row centers – with or without tank
- 3 bed transplanter from 48” to 72” row centers – without tank
- 3 bed transplanter from 48” to 72” row centers – with 2 tanks
Wheels and Wheel Frames
Transplanter Punch Wheels, or planter wheels, punch through plastic mulch and make holes suitable for the type of nursery plants that you are transplanting. Some wheels also water and fertilize the hole to reduce stress caused during planting.
- 2 types of wheels: dry wheel and water wheel
- 3 types of punches so you can create the ideal environment for your plant.
- Each wheel made to customer’s specifications
- Wheels can be easily changed out and used on a variety of our equipment.
Standard Sizes Available
- 8 ft (2.4 m) wide
- 10 ft (3.0 m) wide
- 12 ft (3.7 m) wide
- 14 ft (4.3 m) wide
Kennco’s Hole Puncher is for growers who simply need to punch holes through plastic mulch, and return later with transplants.
We farm in the Southern Cape in South Africa. We are using a single row Kennco machine and plastic layer. We are doing strawberries on 60ha. Machines were imported three years ago and we recently imported another bedformer and plastic layer. It has changed our business in a great positive way.
Renier B., Professional Horticulture Consulting
The Kennco Plastic Mulch retriever cut my cost in half. It paid for itself after the first 200 acres, and will only increase my profit every acre, every year after that.
Jimmy Grainger, Grainger Farms
I've been a customer of theirs for at least 30 years. They always accommodate me when I have a need and another thing I like is their ability to change with the times and change with technology. I've had a great relationship with them and expect to in the future.
Alabama Tomato Farmer